1. Heroism (Veera) - Martial art form of dance styles like Kallari Payattu from Kerela or Capoeira from Brazil show an act of bravery and fearlessness.
2. Fear (Bhayanaka) - A fight between the bull and the matador alarms both the parties and creates distress. Paso Doble aggressively covers the emotion of fear in its style!
3. Love (Shringara) - Ballroom styles like a soft waltz or a sensuous rumba brings out the love and compassion requiring a level of trust between the partners ultimately manifests into an unconditional love for themselves and each other.
4. Pathos (Karuna) - Mime! This is what me n AG could decide on!! The expressions are full of pathos :-(
5. Fury (Raudra) - Krumping, a street dance which is expressive, exaggerated and highly energetic and releases anger, aggression and frustration but in a positive way!
6. Wonder (Adbhuta) - With a mystical vibe, ballet is a dreamy performance leaving the spectators to wonder the meaning of the dance themselves.
7. Humour (Hasya) - Lindy Hop because its about jumping and hopping all over and just having fun!! There is lightness of life and laughter with playful movements for the performers and the audience.
8. Disgust (Bheebhatsya) - Honestly I couldn't find a dance form which can ever disgust me....so if you have something in mind then please add to this list!!
9. Tranquility (Shantha) - In my opinion, dance itself is a form of meditation. Feeling the music and moving to it gives me peace and balance, irrespective of the form of dance!